Thursday 4 March 2010

What I have learnt... Presenting Techniques

I only presented in the second show, which I was a little dissapointed about. However, because I achieved a distinction, It made more sense that I didn't present in the live show to let others get their grades up.
When I was in the actual process of presenting I felt very nervous, and because of this I think I didn't do as well as I could have done. My pitch, pace and tone were very erratic, and when we finished recording I thought I had done awfully.
However when we listened back, that wasn't the case. I was definately a little shaky at the beginning of the show, but after the first link I calmed down and my presenting sounded pretty good. It was also very enthusiastic, which made it suitable for our target audience of 16-24, and our Music Show. It could definately have been better, however I was clear, you could understand every word I said and It was lot better than I thought.
I thinkI felt extra pressure to try and shed the shell of Radio-4 presenting; I wanted to show the class I could do it. And I can, so I'm relatively happy with the result.

What I have learnt... Presenting Techniques

BE CONFIDENT!!!

I am a good presenter, and I could be brilliant. The one thing that holds me back is my lack of confidence. When I master that, I think everything else will fall into place. You don't hear presenters on the radio or even TV sound nervous, because they would loose their audiences trust. When you hear a confident presenter, you can trust them to entertain you, and make you glad you tuned in.
To improve my presenting, I just need to have confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment