Wednesday 3 March 2010

What I have learnt...My Group

Before I start this post I just want to say that I've been so lucky to be in a good group. I was worried when I didn't get put with James,Amy and Ryan. This was contrary to popular belief, but this was becauseI have worked with them before and I know we work brilliantly together and produce amazing shows, not because they are my friends. I don't see why being friends and working well together should be mutually exclusive. Sorry I just had to get that off my chest!
However my group, Marta and Nathan in particular, have been incredible beyond words.

Nathan: I know he was a bit worried that he hadn't done enough, but really he's been brilliant. He has been at every single meeting, was eternally optimistic and was so encouraging he really kept me going when I was getting frustrated. He helped record things, do research, and was a brilliant presenter. He was a lot better than he thought actually, and I really thought he deserved a distinction.
He sort of took on the mantle of unofficial group leader, making sure we all knew what we were doing all the time, he helped whenever he could and was basically fantastic.

Marta: What can you say about the queen of Auditions? She did so much, added professionality to the show, always brought the songs in and helped me learn a lot about editing. I know whenever Beckie came into the edit suite she was the one editing, but that was because editing is her strength, and we'd be silly to make her not do it. We all had a go, but we realised it would be a detrment to the show if marta wasn't the one who did most of the editng. She taught me and Nathan how to work audtions, and we both had good go, and are more confident than we were before. However part of working in a group is playing to our strengths, and editing is Marta's.

Like nathan, she is also a lot better and presenting than she thinks, and could really benefit from an injection of confidence.
She also helped me a lot personally, because I do get very stressed, especially in Radio when I have high expectations of myself. She was always very calm and listened and I really appreciated it.


Keerah: Ok, so through my blog you have probably got that I was very frustrated that Keerah wasn't often there and our first show suffered from it. (We gave her a minimal role in the secon show so our recording would't suffer)
However in the live show she pulled it out of the bag big time. I, although I had protested, was lumbered with producing in the live show, and Itried on our rehearsal but just found it impossible. Somehow Keerah was able to control the mixing desk and present brilliantly. I really respect her for that.

What I Have Learnt... Group Work

I have learnt to rely on people when they show they can be relied on. I've learnt that someone isn't often here to not give them a role where it's essential they be there.
've learnt to try. When you are in a group with people who are better than you at things, it's good to watch what they do, and then try it yourself. I've learnt about auditions from Marta, and I know that next time I use it, as I have practiced during this project, I will be able to do it, and do it well.
Mainly I have learnt that in group work, it is really important to do as much as you can together. It is all very well delegating, and going off to do your own thing. In group work there has to be some of that. However when you work on the script together, edit together, choose the bed music together, there is a sense of unity that really makes the end result better.

No comments:

Post a Comment